Thursday, June 15, 2006

Hate to say goodbye...

I always hate to say goodbye, especially to those that I love. But circumstances forced me to say goodbye to my dearest and best friend, whose friendship I treasure very much.

We would still be best friends if it wasn't for one guy, who assumed that he knew all my contacts, and who refused to believe that my boyfriend is someone he doesn't know. As a result, my best friend became the victim when the self-centered guy went round telling people that there's something going on between us. Some might say, there's nothing wrong with that. But the problem lies in the fact that my best friend is a married man and the whole world knows about it.

You may say that I do love him, but not as a boy-girl relationship. You can even say that I love him very much, because we had a lot in common. I will even sacrifice my life for him if I had to, this is just how much I love and treasure his friendship. But our friendship had to end this way, as I became a source of his anger each time the rumour monger splurted out something on purpose.

This rumour monger did more than damage a beautiful friendship. For a while he was even trying his luck, telling me that he wanted to help me move house. But he also wanted me to spend a night with him in KL, and as adults, I don't need to explain just what he meant by that. All these, in exchange for the 3D graffic lessons he never gave and for the uninvited favor of submitting my resume to some companies in Singapore.

I preferred not to learn any 3D graffic lessons from him. I'd prefer to learn the hard way by reading, rather than paying for these lessons with such a hefty deposit. No thank you. And when I refused to, he started spreading all kinds of stories to others within our group of mutual friends, which caused hurt in my relationship with my boyfriend and with my best friend.

My best friend was really sensitive about this. In the end, it turned out that I became the source of his anger, and he just became very edgy about everything I do, even though sometimes I do think that it is not really that sensitive after all.

But I really do not wish to be the source of his anger, nor his unhappiness. I'm really sad, before I decided to just break our friendship to ease his agitation, I cried for 2 weeks, for him each day and night. My eyes hurt, but my heart hurt more. I knew that I will lose his friendship. Although he told me "nothing happened", I knew that it's time for me to leave.

I remember the nights we spent on the phone working on an assignment, burning my telephone bill to the mark of thousands. Yet, I find it worthy because of the friendship we had together. There were many happiness, a lot of joy, and I could share many thoughts with him.

But those days were over. Everything there is now is just memories. A love I share with a very close friend, my once best friend, who no longer is.

I wish you all the best. And... good bye, my dearest friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home